This easy and healthy chickpea stew recipe is the ultimate comfort food to eat in Winter. It’s not only healthy, but it’s super easy to make and is amazing served over cauliflower rice, brown rice or eaten just on its own.
Chickpeas or Garbanzo beans have so many nutritional benefits. 1 cup of chickpeas contains 15g of protein so they make a great source of protein for vegans and vegetarians. They are also super high in fibre and I think they taste amazing.
- olive oil spray
- 1 tin chickpeas (400g)
- 1 tin diced tomatoes (400g)
- 1 carrot
- 1 potato
- 1 brown onion
- 1 garlic clove
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1½ tsp smoked paprika
- 1 cup vegetable stock
- handful of spinach leaves
- salt & pepper to taste
- Peel the carrot and potato, dice them both into cubes
- Dice the onion into cubes and crush or finely dice the garlic clove
- Drain and rinse the chickpeas
- Spray a saucepan with olive oil then add the onion and garlic. Cook until the onion is soft
- Add the cinnamon and smoked paprika, stir.
- Add the carrot potato, chickpeas, tinned tomatoes and stock. Stir
- Let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add the of handful of spinach and let simmer for another 10 minutes.
- Season to taste.
If you loved this chickpea recipe check out more of my healthy main meal recipes.
watch me make this easy and healthy chickpea stew recipe here