craving ice-cream? then you need to know how to make these frozen yoghurt bars
It’s been so hot here the past month so I made these super healthy frozen yoghurt bars to take away my ice-cream cravings! And I’m please to announce it totally worked! These yoghurt bars were super creamy and I’m definitely going to play around with making different flavour combinations.
I used chobani yoghurt for my frozen yoghurt bars as it contains a high level of protein and has no added sugars. I put strawberries and coconut into my bars but there are so many other combinations that you can try. Here are a few idea you could try.
- Bananas & Honey
- Cherries, Dark Chocolate & Walnuts
- Orange, Chocolate & Pistachios
- Pineapple, Macadamia Nuts & Shredded Coconut
- Blueberries, Raspberries & Strawberries
- Lemon Zest, Lime Zest & Shredded Coconut
I hope you love this frozen yoghurt bars recipe as much as I do. I’d love to see what flavour combinations you make. Post a picture on my Facebook page or tag me on Instagram.
Frozen Yogurt Bars Recipe
A super healthy alternative to ice-cream during the hot summer months
- 2 cups Greek Yogurt
- 500g Strawberries
- 1 cup Shredded Coconut
- 1 tbs Honey
- Line a baking tray with baking paper.
- Wash your strawberries, remove the tops and cut into quarters
- Put the greek yogurt into a large bowl, add the honey, half of the chopped strawberries and half of the shredded coconut.
- Mix so everything is nicely combined.
- Pour the yogurt mixture into your lined baking tray.
- Spread the yogurt evenly. Spread thickly for a "bar" consistency or thinly for a "bark" consistency.
- Gently place the rest of the strawberries on top of the yogurt and sprinkle the remainder of the coconut over the top.
- Freeze for 5-6 or overnight.
- Once frozen remove from freezer and cut into pieces.
- Store in a air tight container in the freezer.
If you loved this post then check out my other sweet treat recipes
watch how to make frozen yoghurt bars